Biology seminars are happening every Thursday, at 12 pm, in RKC 103 (the biggest auditorium, aka Bito auditorium)
The plan for this semester:
- 9/12 – Quanita Kendrick, ’17. In The Interim: Navigating the Field Post- Graduation
- 9/19 – Jeremy Kirchman, SUNY-Albany. The Evergreen archipelago: Ecology and Evolution of Birds at the Edge of the Boreal Forest
- 9/26 – Wyatt Shell, ’10, University of New Hampshire. Opportunities Beyond Undergrad: The Evolution of Research Potential
- 10/3 – Alexis Gambis, ’03. If Butterflies Could Speak!
- 10/10 – Michael Hood, Amherst College. Disease at the Edge of Species Distributions: Anther-smut Fungi of Wild Carnations
- 10/17 – Sonya Auer, Williams College. Energetic Mechanisms for Coping with Environmental Change
- 10/24 – Shari Wiseman, Associate Editor at Nature Neuroscience. Perspectives on Scientific Publishing
- 10/31 – Rick Relyea, RPI. The Jefferson Project: Integrating Science and Technology for Enduring Lake Protection
- 11/7 – Paula Checchi, Marist College. DNA Repair: Why Do We Care?
- 11/14 – Felicia Keesing, Bard College. How to Plan a Meaningful Summer
- 11/21 – Daryl Lamson, NY Dept. of Health. Special Case Investigations in Virology: Finding the Unexpected
- 12/5 – Senior Project Talks (tbc)