Many students in biology spend a summer, typically in the junior year, participating in biology research somewhere other than Bard. Below is a list of useful sites for finding summer research positions.
Research opportunities – general boards and link collections:
- Cornell’s website has a comprehensive list of other summer research programs
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs
- Texas A&M Wildlife job boards
Research programs in biomedical research:
- Mayo Clinic SURF. Deadline: February 1st
- Mayo Clinic Summer Lab Science (for students interested in working in labs that process clinical samples).
- MIT Biology and Brain and Cognitive Sciences Summer program.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Undergraduate Research Program.
- Merck Summer Internships
- University of Minnesota Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Program
- University of Wisconsin Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Program.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center SURP
- Links from MBB Harvard
- Neuro links from rit.edu . Check also their main page.
- Pathways to science
- NIH post-bac programs (keep an eye on whether the US citizenship is required)
- NYU Neuroscience Institute
Research programs in ecology, wildlife, and conservation:
- REU’s: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
- Conservation Biology jobs: http://careers.conbio.org/jobs/
- Bird Jobs: https://www.osnabirds.org/Jobs.aspx
- Wildlife Jobs: http://wfscjobs.tamu.edu/job-board/
- Student Conservation Association for paid and unpaid internships: http://www.thesca.org
- Ecological jobs: http://www.eco.org
- ECOLOG: https://listserv.umd.edu/archives/ecolog-l.html
Job databases (mostly for finding a job after Bard)
- Rockefeller U jobs
Conservation Job Board: https://www.conservationjobboard.com/
EcoEmploy (you can search by state and it will give you a big list of companies/agencies/non profits): http://www.ecoemploy.com/